Machine Laser Alignment
We provide specialist laser alignment equipment and services to all UK industry.
In the past engineers may have traditionally used straight edges, plumb-lines, dial indicators and line of sight to ensure alignment of two or more machines or structures. This has been almost made redundant by new Laser alignment equipment (for both shaft and bore alignment) which utilises laser beam transmitters and receivers to measure alignment within extremely close tolerances.
Industrial Applications for Laser Alignment
Some common uses for Laser alignment include:
- Alignment of rotating shafts
- Specialist bore alignment
- Alignment of main bearing pockets (engines and compressors)
- Alignment of pumps, gearboxes, motors and other drives
- Alignment of printing presses
- Alignment of cardan shafts and offset drives
- Alignment of drive belts and pulleys
- Machine positioning
- Measurement of straightness and flatness of machine tables, rollers and machine guides
Laser Alignment Products
Nicol & Andrew provides a range of Laser Alignment tools for precision measurement and alignment. See below: - (You can also view a comparison chart here).
- Fixturlaser NXA Ultimate (Shaft Alignment & Flatness/Straightness Alignment System)
- Fixturlaser NXA Pro (Shaft Alignment Including Machine Train Alignment)
- Fixturlaser EVO (Omniview Shaft Alignment System)
- Fixturlaser ECO (A New Entry Level Bluetooth Shaft Alignment System)
- Fixturlaser GO PRO (Bluetooth Shaft Alignment System)
- Fixturlaser GEO (A system for geometric alignment and precision measurement of flatness, straightness and parallelism)
- Fixturlaser PAT (A drive belt alignment system)
- Fixturlaser Kit (An app driven system using a smart phone or tablet)
Laser Alignment Services
Nicol & Andrew provides onsite Laser Alignment services for most industrial applications in the manufacturing, processing, printing, gas and oil, aggregates and mining, chemical and pharmaceutical industries. We can perform onsite Horizontal, Vertical and soft foot measurements, alignments and corrections.
Nicol & Andrew provides Laser Alignment training for the Fixturlaser range of shaft alignment systems. Training courses can be hosted at customer's sites across the world, or at our training facility in High Wycombe (HP11 2PF).
Laser Alignment - a Critical Maintenance Measure
Ensuring that rotating machinery is correctly aligned is a critical preventative maintenance measure. Machines that are misaligned, even by very fine amounts, will be subject to increased stresses that lead to breakdowns. Misalignment is one of the biggest causes of bearing failure in mechanical items, and will also contribute to increased wear of mechanical seals, couplings (including flexi-coupling) and motors.
Further Information regarding Laser Alignment
Nicol & Andrew can provide assistance in all your Laser Alignment applications. For further information or to arrange an onsite alignment of plant or machinery, please telephone Nicol & Andrew on 01494 429800. Alternatively you can complete our enquiry form and one of our sales team will contact you to discuss your requirements.
Choose from: -
- Laser Alignment Equipment Quickly check your pump, gearbox shaft or bearing bore alignment using the latest in laser alignment tools. All new Fixturlaser equipment is on sale now including the NXA Pro, Evo and Go Pro shaft ali...
- Laser Alignment Services We perform laser alignment on your shafts, bores or any flat surfaces at your premises quickly and efficiently. We provide a documented set of readings to allow timely and cost effective decisions to ...
- Laser Alignment Equipment Hire Hire the latest Laser Shaft and Bore alignment kit where you need it and when you need it. Training available if required. Equipment also available for sale.
- Laser Alignment Applications Principal applications for Laser Alignment in industrial situations including, shafts, gearboxes, propshafts, pumps, bores, foundations and couplings
Nicol & Andrew is a specialist laser alignment and engineering repair services company providing a wide range of plant alignment and on site repair services.
Nicol & Andrew is also the UK agent for the Laser alignment equipment and systems manufactured by Fixturlaser (ACOEM).